Since our last post we ended up extending the trip a few more days. I was privileged to be in the room with Emily when she and Owan welcomed their daughter Eva Grace into the world. Eva weighed a whopping 9 pounds 10.3 ounces! Emily was amazing! I am so proud of her.
With all of this going on, I have spent much less time with Kayley this week. When I picked Eva up in front of her, her eyes widened and she began whining and reaching for me. I have never seen her acting jealous before. It was so cute--but I felt sad that she was really missing me. Kayley learned a new sound that she makes when she is trying to say kitty cat. "tk..tk" She loves them (Of course she also calls Sarah's wiener dog by the same sound). She also has a new funny face that her Aunt Sarah taught her. Randomly, Kayley met two of her 3rd cousins that just happened to be serving in Oak Ridge TN as missionary companions. Anyway, we are finally home. We are enjoying every minute we get with Michael. He is taking some intense summer classes so we have to at least try to let him study.
2 comments:
I so wanted to see you. I'm sorry I missed you. I've been thinking a lot about the saying, "If you want to make God laugh, make plans." I'm hoping to visit TN in August while Austin is at a conference. Kayley is just as cute as ever!
I'm glad you got to go Alyssa. And you were there when the baby came! How cool. The new baby is beautiful by the way. I love Kayley's little ponytail. She's so cute.
Post a Comment